We are looking for a dynamic Ecommerce Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis. Based at our maturing site in Bermondsey, the successful applicant would support the Ecommerce and Communications Manager in growing our Ecommerce sales and making our company website the best it can be.
Our mission is to Improve British Cheese, and we do so through continual improvement in all areas of our business. Not everyone can make it to London to taste our cheese, have a chat with one of our cheesemongers and choose the ones they like best to enjoy with friends and family. Our goal in Ecommerce is to mirror the excellent retail experience we are known for in our shops.
As our Ecommerce Assistant you would be primarily responsible for:
- Updating the company website daily with new products and content
- Providing excellent service both to customers and colleagues
- Reporting on key Ecommerce metrics for the business: visitors, bounce rate, sales, transactions, conversion rate, email opt-ins, revenue by source, cart abandonment, average order value etc.
- Eating lots of cheese and ensuring that product copy and tasting notes are accurate and up to date
- Keeping up to date with the latest Ecommerce trends and functionality, identifying new innovative opportunities and interpreting them for our business
In addition, we have several projects underway which you will be instrumental in seeing through:
- Coordinating Ecommerce marketing campaigns
- Developing new sales avenues such as same day delivery and corporate accounts
- Supporting our content driven marketing strategy
- Contributing to development projects and undertaking user acceptance testing of new aspects of our site
You will be sales focused (of course!), curious and driven to deliver. Digital marketing or copywriting experience would be advantageous. Knowledge of Shopify or other Ecommerce platforms/CMS would also be an asset though full training will be provided. It would be great if you had knowledge of google analytics, search engine optimisation and PPC methodology. You will need intermediate excel, strong organisational skills, and a positive, can-do attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working options, as well as staff lunches and a steady supply of excellent tea, coffee, fresh bread and cheese. There’s lots to do and our ambitions are boundless, so this role comes with great scope to really make a difference to our Ecommerce offering and to Improving British Cheese.
If this sounds like you, we would very much like to hear from you. We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so if you’re interested please don’t delay getting in touch via the form below!
As part of our recruitment process, Neal’s Yard Dairy collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we use that data, and to meeting our data protection obligations. Please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for further information.