We are looking for a dynamic People Coordinator to join our team. The position is full time, however part time 4 days per week will be considered. This role is based at our office and maturation rooms in Bermondsey with some remote working a possibility in time.
Our mission is to Improve British Cheese, and we do so through continual improvement in all areas of our business. For People Team this means creating a nurturing learning environment in which people can flourish and find their natural drivers among our pillars of Cheese, People, Sales, Profit, Process. The successful applicant would support the People Team Manager in sustaining and developing our strong workplace culture.
We offer a competitive salary as well as staff lunches and a steady supply of excellent tea, coffee, fresh bread and (of course) cheese.
As our People Coordinator, you would be primarily responsible for:
- Managing and running the complete payroll process on Fourth Hospitality
- Working with our hiring team to coordinate the recruitment and joining process, particularly in the latter part of the year when we hire a large seasonal team to help us through our busiest period
- Coordinating with managers to approve and publish the company rota
- Reporting on key people metrics inc wage costs, progression, retention, absence rates etc.
- Providing managers with support on HR policy, best practice and employee relations, ensuring compliance with current employment law and regulations
- Working with the People Team Manager on ad hoc projects to further develop the People Team function and employee experience
- Organising people-related activities and socials
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant HR generalist experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of UK employment law and practices
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work proactively, effectively and efficiently
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to prioritise workload and adapt
- Good numeracy skills
- Intermediate Excel
- CIPD or other HR qualification would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Fourth Hospitality would also be an asset though full training will be provided
- An interest in learning about (and eating!) cheese
If this sounds like you, we would very much like to hear from you. Please get in touch via the application form below before November 28th 2021.