We are looking for a part-time Procurement Manager to join our permanent team, based primarily at our maturing arches in Bermondsey with visits to other sites as required and some remote working. Our Procurement Manager will sit within our Production team but will collaborate with many teams including Retail, Buying, Finance and Production.
Our Procurement Manager is responsible for a wide range of duties including:
- Renewing contracts to suit and adapt to the needs of the business, considering costs and savings
- Approving invoices and reviewing usage across all sites
- Scheduling planned maintenance and responsive repair service visits and callouts
- Researching and negotiating alternative services as requirements change
- Line managing our part-time Operations Assistant who is responsible for the purchasing of all non-resale items, ad-hoc requests and invoicing
- Investigating and resolving any invoice and stock discrepancies
- Liaising with various departments across the business to monitor and manage demand and stock levels
- Engaging with suppliers to ensure services run smoothly and to seek best value
- Sourcing new products (research, trials, costing, training required etc.)
- Managing ad-hoc purchasing requests
- Managing budget for non-resale purchasing
Reducing our environmental impact
- Leading, developing and reviewing efforts to minimise our environmental impact
- Working with departmental managers to identify, design and procure alternative, more sustainable processes, materials and suppliers
- Developing sustainability targets, and monitor and communicate these across the business
You will be a strong communicator and able to balance several different tasks and as such should be excellent at managing your time and priorities. You’ll have strong problem-solving skills, a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to work under pressure. You will enjoy dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships and have a confident manner.
You must have experience creating and implementing systems and have strong technical skills (intermediate Excel minimally). You must also have experience in procurement, project management and improving environmental sustainability in business. Ideally this person would work 4 days (36 hours) over 4 or 5 days.
If you’re interested in applying, again please do so via the application form below.
Applications close Tuesday 31st of May 2022.
Ideally this person would work 4 days (36 hours) over 4 or 5 days and so could suit someone looking for flexibility around other responsibilities.