Buying Administrator APPLY NOW
We are looking for a dedicated Buying Administrator to join our small but busy and fast-paced team working from our Bermondsey, London Office.
We are an independent business that has been selling artisan cheeses from Britain and Ireland since 1979. As leaders within our industry, we are a world-renowned brand that provides established cheese expertise to our customers within the UK and abroad.
The Buying Administrator role is pivotal to the smooth running of the Buying Team’s activities. Its main purpose is to provide a broad range of administrative duties that ensure a highly organised and coordinated ordering and stock control of all resale items at Neal’s Yard Dairy. The role's main focus is on admin and data base led tasks combined with frequent collaborative interactions with multiple stakeholders including suppliers and several departments within the business.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the overall aim of this role is to assist the Buying Team and the wider business in optimising its inventories, improving storage workflows and reducing costs.
Our Technical Director would love to meet applicants who are:
- Focussed on delivering tasks accurately and consistently on time and have strong organisation and planning skills
- Excellent administrators with meticulous attention to detail
- Confident in dealing with complex communications and able to build lasting relationships with all levels of people within a business
- Able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Able to anticipate and manage problems
- Willing and eager to gain knowledge, take on new challenges and learn new systems
- Interested in food and the latest food trends. Though cheese experience is not essential, your enthusiasm to help us in our mission to improve British Cheese is
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent in both Maths and English. A business skills qualification would stand you in good stead too
- Competent in Excel and other Microsoft Products such as Word, Outlook and Teams
- Able to work Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:30 each week, with flexibility on occasion depending on business need
Our successful candidate will be offered:
- A basic salary of £28 - £31K per annum (dependent on experience)
- 6 weeks holiday increasing to 7 weeks (subject to length of service)
- A generous staff discount
- Cycle Scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Full on-the-job training
- Our teams make delicious lunches every day and there is a steady supply of fresh bread and cheese available to all our team
All applications will require proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply, please complete the form below no later than 18th August 2023, as this vacancy is available for an early October start. We are looking for a copy of your CV and a detailed covering note as to your reasons for applying for this role.
We are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments needed to support you in our recruitment process.
As part of our recruitment process, Neal’s Yard Dairy collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we use that data, and to meeting our data protection obligations. Please read our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for further information.
2023-08-18|||Bermondsey, London Office|||Buying Team||||||0nZ.z__-TUiH1XOx|||FULL_TIME|||GBP|||YEAR|||range||||||28000|||31000|||true|||