Updated 6 November 2020
Neal’s Yard Dairy’s retail shops, online shop, and wholesale divisions will remain open during the second lockdown and beyond. We continue to support our British and Irish cheesemakers and remain fully committed to delivering the best products and outstanding service to you, our customers. In order to continue our mission safely, we’ve made a number of changes to the way we work, as you have also made changes to the way you shop with us. We are adamant about the safety of our products and protecting our staff and customers as best we can.
The way we work
In our shops:
- We have re-organised our shops to enable social distancing on the staff and customer sides of our cheese counters.
- Excepting those exempt from doing so, we require face-coverings are worn at all times inside the shops by staff and customers.
- We have installed screens in front of cheese displays to protect our products.
- Much to our sadness, we have stopped offering samples to reduce the potential for contamination and avoid the touching of face coverings.
- We have changed staffing patterns to enhance social distancing in our staff rooms and back of house areas.
- We are limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time. During busy periods, we request customers to enter one at a time, not as groups.
- Hand sanitiser is available to customers and staff. Staff have increased the frequency of following hygiene procedures.
- Surfaces are washed and sanitised every evening and throughout the day when appropriate.
- Staff monitor their temperature each day and are sent home to isolate immediately if they present any symptoms.
In our office and production site:
- Whenever possible, our staff are working from home.
- Where work from home is not possible, we have reorganised how our cheese care and packing teams function.
- We have made social distancing in production areas a priority.
- All staff and contractors wear face coverings except when eating and staff areas have been re-designed to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout office and production areas and staff have increased the frequency of following hygiene procedures.
- Anyone entering our premises must take their temperature and will be refused entry if they have a fever. Staff are instructed to isolate if they present any symptoms.
How you shop with us
In our shops:
- Please help us by wearing your required face covering at all times when in our shops.
- Observe social distancing in queues and inside the shop.
- If you have any symptoms, please consider our online delivery service as an alternative to the shop (nealsyarddairy.co.uk).
- Although you cannot sample our cheese for now, please do ask our mongers for advice. You may need to speak up a little, but please know, we are listening and closely considering your preferences.
- Be prepared to shop in smaller groups to facilitate social distancing. At busy times we may request that only one person from a group shops with us at a time.
Online at https://www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk/:
- Our online shop stocks a wide range of cheese that we cut and pack fresh for your order. We also offer pre-selected pairings.
- We aim for orders to arrive +/- 3 delivery days of the date chosen at checkout. Delivery is free for orders over £29.50. Our courier carries out contact free deliveries.
- Each cheese is pictured and described online, but if you need additional help with your selection or you’d like us take your order over the phone please contact us on 020 7500 7520 or submit an online query here.
Our Wholesale customers:
- Although we cannot accept non-essential site visits during lockdown, our sales team are able to take your email and phone orders as normal and are looking forward to a time when we can meet face to face once again.
- Our drivers take their temperatures each day and will wear face coverings and use hand sanitisers at every drop point.
- Deliveries are contactless.
We have always worked to continually improve our service and the products we sell. This year, that work has included the addition of many new restrictions, procedures, and enhanced safety and hygiene measures. While some of these important safety measures have forced changes in our appearance and how we interact with you, we are stocking some of the best cheese we’ve ever had in our 40 year history. You can get it from our shops or we can bring it to you. Either way, it is our pleasure to have your continued support and we promise to keep serving you safely into the future.