Updated 25 January 2020
As lockdown continues and national restrictions remain in force, we at Neal’s Yard Dairy remain committed to providing outstanding products and great service to our customers. Since the onset of the pandemic we have made numerous changes to how we conduct ourselves in our retail shops and our maturing and wholesale facility. These changes are in place to protect our customers, our staff, and our products. Some of the changes we’ve made are highlighted below.
The way we work
In our shops:
- We have re-organised our shops to enable social distancing on the staff and customer sides of our cheese counters.
- Unless exempt, we require staff and customers to wear face-coverings at all times.
- We have installed screens in front of cheese displays to protect our products.
- To reduce the potential for contamination and avoid unnecessary touching and removal of face-coverings, we cannot currently offer product samples.
- We have modified staffing patterns to enhance social distancing in our staff rooms and back of house areas.
- We are limiting the number of customers in the shop at any one time. During busy periods, we request customers to enter one at a time, not as groups.
- Hand sanitiser is available to customers and staff. Staff have increased the frequency of following hygiene procedures, eg washing hands and cleaning PPE.
- Surfaces are washed and sanitised every evening and throughout the day when appropriate.
- Staff monitor their temperature each day and are sent home to isolate immediately if they present any symptoms.
In our wholesale and maturation site:
- Whenever possible, our staff are working from home.
- Where work from home is not possible, we have changed how our cheese care and packing teams function, reorganising parts of our facility to enable distancing.
- All staff and contractors wear face coverings except when eating and staff areas have been re-designed to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout office and production areas and staff have increased the frequency of following hygiene procedures.
- Anyone entering our premises must take their temperature and will be refused entry if they have a fever. Staff are instructed to isolate if they present any symptoms.
How you shop with us
In our shops:
- Please help us by wearing your required face covering at all times when in our shops.
- Observe social distancing in queues and inside the shop.
- If you have any symptoms, please consider our online delivery service as an alternative to the shop (co.uk).
- Although you cannot sample our cheese for now, please do ask our mongers for advice. You may need to speak up a little, but please know, we are listening and closely considering your preferences.
- Be prepared to shop in smaller groups to facilitate social distancing. At busy times we may request that only one person from a group shops with us at a time.
- Before you come in, please check our website for modified opening times. Please note: The Covent Garden shop is temporarily closed. (https://www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk/pages/store-locator)
Online at https://www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk/:
- Our online shop stocks a wide range of cheese that we cut and pack fresh for your order. We also offer pre-selected pairings.
- We aim for orders to arrive +/- 3 delivery days of the date chosen at checkout. Delivery is free for orders over £29.50. Our courier carries out contact free deliveries.
- Each cheese is pictured and described online, but if you need additional help with your selection or you’d like us take your order over the phone please contact us on 020 7500 7520 or submit an online query here.
Our Wholesale customers:
- Although we cannot accept non-essential site visits during lockdown, our sales team are able to take your email and phone orders as normal and are looking forward to a time when we can meet face to face once again.
- Our drivers take their temperatures each day and will wear face coverings and use hand sanitisers at every drop point.
- Deliveries are contactless.
We have always worked to continually improve our service and the products we sell. Since March 2020, that work has included the addition of many new restrictions, procedures, and enhanced safety and hygiene measures. While some of these important safety measures have forced changes in our appearance and how we interact with you, we are stocking some of the best cheese we’ve had in our 40 year history. You can get it from our shops or we can bring it to you. Either way, it is our pleasure to have your continued support and we promise to keep serving you as safely as possible into the future.