1 Lay the cheese on its side and score through the cloth, which will help engage the cheese wire and give a good straight cut.
2. Place the cheese on a cutter and work the wire steadily through the middle to produce two half-rounds of cheese.
3. Score the cheese cloth of the half-round to be sold first and place on the cutter in order to make two quarters. Wrap the surface of the uncut half-round with cling film.
4. Remove the cheese cloth from the quarter piece that will be cut into eighths. Cheese is prone to drying out and so it is advisable to leave the cheese cloth on, where possible.
5. The working piece, now without cloth, may be cut into eighths.
6. Wrap one eighth in cling film to protect it from drying out, the other may be left unwrapped and ready for sale.