To celebrate the launch of our Melting Selection, we asked our colleagues how they like to cook with cheese at home and we received this dish from Eva who works in our Retail Team.
I feel that sweetcorn is an often forgotten about veg, something that exists only in tinned or frozen form. This summer I received some beautiful corn on the cob with husks in my weekly veg box and put them on the bbq. The crispy charred kernels were so delicious, and I’ve been eating more corn ever since. I wanted to create a dish that would showcase the smoky kernels and I thought the honey, butterscotch notes in Coolea would work well.
INGREDIENTS (to make 6 rostis)
Around 400g Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled and grated
1 corn cob, husk removed
120g Coolea, grated
1 egg, beaten
A handful of chives, chopped
½ green chilli, diced
1 ½ tbsp plain flour
100ml olive oil
2tbsp sour cream
- Preheat grill to high. Add corn and cook, turning evenly until charred all over, around 8-10mins. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated potato, Coolea, egg, chives, chilli and flour.
- Remove the kernels from the corn by using a sharp knife to cut down the corn cob close to the core. Add the kernels to the mixture, season and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan with 2tbsp of oil on a medium heat. Use your hands to shape and flatten the mixture into 6 individual rostis, approx. 6cm. Place 2-3 rosti's into the pan and cook until they are golden and cripsy, around 2-3 mins. Use a kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil from the croquettes. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve warm, alongside a crisp green salad and a dollop of sour cream, perhaps even a fried egg sunny side up on top!