Thank you for taking the time to read the Neal’s Yard Dairy terms and conditions. By using this website or placing an order with us, either by telephone, in our shops or through our website,www.nealsyarddairy.co.uk, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us using the contact details below.
Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Neal’s Yard Dairy Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 04762419 and our office registered address is Arch 6, Apollo Business Park, St James’s Road, London, SE16 4ET, United Kingdom. Our registered VAT number is GB 285 9290 54.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning us on +44 (0)20 7500 7520 or by writing to us via the contact page on our website or Arch 6, Apollo Business Park, St James’s Road, London, SE16 4ET, United Kingdom.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
Our contract with you
When you place an order with us, your order is classed as an offer which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
Unfortunately, we are not able deliver orders placed through the website to addresses outside of the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you would like to have an order delivered to an address outside of the UK please contact us on +44 (0)20 7500 7520.
Product description and substitution
Products and their packaging may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only.
Where you have provided your consent for us to do so we may substitute part or all of the product you have ordered for a similar product of an equivalent or greater value. The price of your order will not change.
Where you have indicated that you do not want a substitute product or having consented to receiving a substitute, a suitable substitute is not available, we will notify you and give you the opportunity to either cancel your order or wait for the affected product to become available.
Your right to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us and we will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of your order, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will deliver all products as close to the delivery date requested by you as reasonably possible. We use an overnight courier for delivery to most of the UK. To some parts of Scotland and offshore islands, delivery can take longer.
Since most of our products are perishable it is always best if someone is available to receive and sign for the delivery, however you can arrange for the couriers to leave the goods without a signature if you are not going to be in. If you have any questions or issues with your delivery, it is best to contact us as a first point of call. We cannot take responsibility for any changes you may make to your delivery address or date through the DPD app, as these changes automatically cause delays.
If delivery is delayed then we or our courier company will contact you to let you know and we will attempt to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this and the delay is caused by an event outside of our control we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or in accordance with the alternative delivery instruction you gave DPD. You own the product once we have accepted your order and received payment in full.
In the case of the ‘Cheese of the Month’ subscription it is your responsibility to notify us should your preferred delivery date or address change.
We take great pride in the quality and condition of our cheese and it should reach you in the best possible condition. When you receive your order, please open it right away, loosen the wrapping around the cheeses and inspect them. If you aren’t happy with what you find, please call us and if possible take some pictures. We will do our best to put it right. If you’d like a replacement order, we can send that out for you or if you would rather just have your money back, we can do that too. As we handle cheese, which changes with age, we do ask that you contact us with regards to quality concerns within two weeks of receipt of the order.
If you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract. Additionally, for some products bought online or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind and cancel the contract within 14 days of delivery of the product. However, you do not have a right to change your mind in certain situations, for example, where the contract is for:
- perishable goods (this will include all cheese products); or
- a Neal’s Yard Dairy Cheese Class which has been booked for a specific date.
Where you have a right to cancel a contract and you wish to do so, you simply need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7500 7520 or by email.
If you cancel your Contract we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the products. However, we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products caused by your mishandling of them.
- refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the product we may refund you in vouchers.
In the case of the ‘Cheese of the Month’ subscription, you may change your mind and cancel the contract providing you notify us of your intention to do so (in the manner described above) within 14 days of receiving your first ‘Cheese of the Month’ delivery. However, we cannot accept returns of the first Cheese of the Month selection and your refund will be proportionally reduced and will not include the cost of that first delivery.
When booking a cheese class with us you agree to the following additional terms and conditions:
- that you will inform us prior to booking of any medical condition or allergy of which we should be aware
- that all bookings made are non-transferable and non-refundable, except when cancelled more than 30 days prior to the class – in this instance the booking can be refunded or transferred to an alternative date free of charge
- that we reserve the right to refuse entry, in line with the Licensing Act 2003, to any customer displaying signs of intoxication or disorderly behaviour
- that, to the extent that the chosen cheese class involves products containing alcohol, you are or will be over 18 years of age on the date of the class.
Although we make every effort to avoid changes to our cheese classes we reserve the right to alter the instructor or change the date, time or location of the class. Where we cancel the class or alter the date, time or location of the class and you cannot attend, you will be offered an alternative class or a full refund.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not copy or reproduce part or all of the contents of the website in any form including, without limitation, its incorporation into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work (whether hard copy, electronic or other) without our express permission.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
Changes to the website
We may update our website and these terms and conditions from time to time, and may change the content at any time. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.